May 20, 2015

Workout Wednesday: Gym Recovery Time


As you guys know I have rejoined 24 hour fitness, and I have been hitting the gym hard this week, even though it's only Wednesday I have been to the gym 4 times on 3 days, (I told ya I was going hard lol), because I have been going so much my body is really starting to feel it so I thought I would do a post on what I do to help ease the "back to the gym for the first time in months pain"!

The first thing I do after I work out is take a hot shower, not only do I do this because lets face I stink from being in the gym, but also because the heat really allows your muscles to loosen up and relax from all the work they have been doing.

The next thing I do is pop 3 ibuprofen, I use ibuprofen because thats what my doctors gave me for my knees as it's an anti-inflammatory , but feel free to use what you like. I only do this on days that I can actually feel significant pain from working out, as I don't want to over use ibuprofen because I don't want to build up any kind of tolerance to it since I need it to work on knees at times.

The next step is to drink lots of water, when you sweat in the gym you need to replace that water loss or you can get cramps from being dehydrated so I drink pure water no soda, teas, gatorade, or any other "sports drinks" as they have too much sugar, just good old fashioned water will do the trick.

You also want to take 5 minutes 2 times a day and stretch, even though its just a quick 5 minute stretch it really helps your body and the pain you feel when you stretch to allow any tension you are feeling to work its way out.

And finally pull out that foam roller, this is the most painful thing you will ever feel aside from giving birth, it looks and sounds so easy but let me tell you its not, you are literally rolling your body back and forth on this foam roller (its hard as hell though) and it is working every single knot, sore muscle, and tension. 

If you would like to see my foam roller and the video for this you can find it here...and here is todays Daily Vlog


                     
   
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I would love to hear what you thought of today's post.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig