July 4, 2016

My Meals Monday | 21 Day Fix


A few years ago I started following a Facebook page by the ever so beautiful Amanda Pennino , she is a Beach Body coach, and if you scroll through her page you will notice two things 1. she takes the most amazing pictures, and 2. she has completely transformed her whole life, not only she did she get super fit, but she is so happy and honestly just glowing all the time.
Due to that I thought I would try the 21 day Fix meal plan for a while and see how I do, now for obvious vegetarian/vegan (not completely there yet, but making progress), reasons there are some things I won't eat, but I do like the idea of learning better portion control.


Breakfast:
I had my first container of carbohydrate which was plain oatmeal, mixed with a small spoon of peanut butter, and then my first container of fruit which was strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries.


Am Snack:
After my workout (elliptical and Kayla Itsines), I needed to refuel a bit before lunch, and lucky me I can have a ton of coffee on this thing so I picked up a venti cold brew coffee with 2 shots of espresso and after drinking this proceeded to fly around the room lol. I also had my 1 and only container of seeds, this is just plain roasted sunflower seeds, and they are actually quite good!


Lunch:
This seemed to be the hardest meal to put together, I new I was going to have some veg and hummus, so I cut up carrots, red bell pepper, and tomatoes, but wasn't sure about what protein to add, so I went with a MahiMahi patty that was in the freezer, it was not the best.


Afternoon Snack:
This is not exactly "21 Day Fix" approved lol, but I wanted something so I had some blue corn tortilla chips and a spinach and artichoke dip, I made sure to put them into small bowls so I didn't over do my little splurge;)


Dinner:
This was something I was dreaming about all day! I had "Spaghetti and MeatBalls" it was actually zucchini noodles with vegetarian meatballs, but it was so good and Don didn't even notice it was meatless lol, I did however breakdown and add a bit of Parmesan to mine :0


Dessert:
I had my last container or fruit for the day, this is watermelon and cantaloupe. I love that all the summer fruits are coming into season, while they are available year round they just seem to taste better in the summer ;)

So thats everything I had, I am somewhat struggling with the 21 Day Fix in the sense of trying to find things to eat that fit into the containers, actually most things are fine the biggest issue I'm having is protein, and thats more of my choice of diet than the containers, but as I get further into this I'm sure I will find plenty of things to fill that category. 

If any of you out there have any ideas or websites for vegetarian/vegan protein options please let me know in the comments below.

Also here is today's video.

                       
SHARE:

4 comments

Thanks for stopping by, I would love to hear what you thought of today's post.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig