December 7, 2016

Toys For Tots Fundraiser {25 Days of Christmas Day 6}


My husband and I both grew up in lower income families, which is why giving back is so important to us. We give year round, and we have two sponsored children overseas, but I always feel we should do more, especially at Christmas time. So this year I have decided that rather than donating 3 or 4 toys to Toys For Tots, I want to donate $600. That's enough money to bring a gift to over 40 children, who will otherwise go without on Christmas morning. 
 I chose Toys For Tots for exactly 1 reason, I was that child, my siblings were that child. Had it not been for the wonderful generosity of so many there would have been a few Christmases without a gift under the tree. 
I am raising the money through YouCaring as they don't take a percentage, like so many other sites do. So please if you have $100, $20, $5, or even $1, please take a moment to donate. I can tell you from personal experience how amazing it is to wake up to something, when you were expecting nothing.

                       
                       
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. This is so important this time of year ..thank you for thinking of all the less fortunate

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so important this time of year ..thank you for thinking of all the less fortunate

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I would love to hear what you thought of today's post.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig