March 17, 2014

TV Tuesday: Game Of Thrones


So todays TV Tuesday is Game Of Thrones, which I always end up called The Hunger Games for some reason. I have been a fan of this show since the beginning I hadn't read the books but now I have gone and purchased them and I am currently on book 3.

Who's in it?
Theres about a million people on this show but here is a few.... Peter Dinklage (who is my fav on this show and in general amazing), Emilia Clark, Kit Harington, Lena Headey, Richard Madden, and Sean Bean.

Whats it about?
This show must be followed closely as its actually about a lot, first is the age old story of several nobel families fighting over the iron throne (literally an iron throne), and then there is the White Walkers, this things give me nightmares and yet I don't really understand them ha ha ha.
The way the show is set up it reminds me a lot of the Romans and the "Wall" that divided England from Scotland.  In Game of Thrones they have the wall in the North to keep the Wildlings and now the White Walkers out.
And then there is of course the usual love stories, except in this show they apparently never heard of "Happily Ever After", case in point the Red Wedding.

What do you like about it?
Being the total nerd that I am, I love the fantasy aspect of it, I love that theres dragons, and seers, and wargs. I also love the writing they keep you hooked the entire time and then when the episode is over you want to rematch it just so you can stay in the seven kingdoms a little longer.

What do you not like about it?
Actually nothing...if I had to pick something it would be HBO's distribution of it. I know this is something that has had a lot of controversy surrounding it but I also see both sides...
a little background, Game of Thrones is the most pirated tv show in the world, so HBO decided they would wait to distribute it on places like Amazon and iTunes, until it had aired in all countries. The problem with that is they still sell the season pass so a lot of people buy it thinking they will get a new episode every time one airs, sadly thats not the case they actually have to wait almost 1 year after it airs in the US before it becomes available. I know that HBO is trying to protect their property but it seems like it would make more sense to air the show at the same time rather than airing it separately throughout the year. Also if you have a subscription to HBO GO you can still pirate the show so really they are just stoping paying customers from getting the show in a reasonable time frame.

Would you recommend it?
YES!!! This is a much watch show, I can't remember who but someone said it's The Sopranos meets The Hobbit (or something close to that ha ha ha), and it is so much fun, with so much drama and intrigue, but it is quite violent so be prepared for that and DO NOT let young children watch.











SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I would love to hear what you thought of today's post.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig