November 8, 2016

Donald Trump Is President

Today I woke up early, got my little brother out of bed on his birthday, and took him with me to my local voting station, I did so for two reasons, 

1. I wanted someone to talk to lol.
2. The things we are voting on today will affect not just me and my generation but his generation, and the one after him, and the one after that. I wanted him to experience what it's like to wake up one day and decide the fate of your country.

It's a heavy responsibility that I have never taken lightly, which is why I didn't talk much about this election, I strongly believe that each and every person has a right to their vote, that is the very foundation of democracy, and it's not my place to arugue with people who will never see my side of things. Instead I make sure I vote in every election, I talk to friends and family, and I only talk about proven/logical facts. 
I'm seeing a lot on Twitter tonight the hurt and the pain people are feeling not just in America, but across the world, and while I completely see why people are feeling so many emotions right now, there is a lot of hate, and I would say bullying go on, and that is not the country I want to live in.
I'm writing this post because I feel a lot of these emotions too, I feel scared for the future of our country, I feel scared for the level of hate and danger we seem to be moving towards, and I feel scared thinking that my own family members can be subjected to hate, police brutality, job discrimination, and so much more, solely because of the color of their skin.
To end this I just want to say, I actually believe the people who voted 3rd party did not ruin this election, I believe it's the people who didn't vote at all, those are the people that had an opportunity to have their say and chose to abandon their civic duty, I don't say this to make them feel bad or send hate towards them, I say this because we have learned the same lesson over and over again and that is Every Vote Counts, so next time get out and vote, because if you don't your future is being decided for you.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I would love to hear what you thought of today's post.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig