June 1, 2015

Tutorial Tuesday: Mashed Califlower


A few weeks ago one of my "My Meals Monday" had my mashed cauliflower and so many of you requested a tutorial on how I make this, so here it is...


You will need:
1 Head Cauliflower
1 Package Diced Pancetta
Small Bunch Green Onions
2 Tablespoons of Butter (I used Earth Balance, it's a vegan butter made with olive oil)


Add a little bit of olive oil or butter to a pan and allow to get warm, then add in chopped green onions and pancetta. Allow this to cook fully, you want the pancetta to have a bit of crispiness to it.


While your pancetta and onions are cooking chop your cauliflower and bring a large pot of water to a rapid boil.
Once the pancetta is cooked drain through a sieve and then allow to cool on a plate lined with paper towels. 
After your cauliflower is cooked (can be mashed with a fork) drain and ad to a large mixing bowl with the butter mix on low speed with an electric mixer, then add in the pancetta and mix on low again until fully combined.


Then you are ready to serve! I think the pancetta adds enough saltines and flavor without having to add more seasonings or grave but that is completely up to you.
You can see the Main Channel Video for this, as well as my Daily Vlog, and Gaming Channel Video here

         

         

         
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I would love to hear what you thought of today's post.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig