October 15, 2015

Thoughts Thursday: Tanya Burr Cosmetics Hollywood Palette


Today's Thoughts Thursday post is all about the Tanya Burr Cosmetics Hollywood Palette, I want to preface this post with Tanya Burr was my first youtuber, she does and always will have a special place in my youtube/blog heart, not only do I think she is a super nice person but I also think she is genuinely a fantastic makeup artist. Now that I have said that I'm going to tell you all the reasons why I sadly cannot recommend this palette. 


As you can see from the above picture the shadows in this palette are ribbed rather than pressed, I have to say in general I never like ribbed shadows as they tend to powder more because it isn't flat. On top of the powdering from the ribbed shadow this palettes shadows powder A LOT, you will end up with a lot of excess powder when you use Nude Delight & Gold Coin, Bookworm doesn't powder that much and Enchantment doesn't really powder at all. 


As far as color pay off goes this palette would be a 3 out 10, especially in Gold Coin, and Enchantment, you get a little better payoff with Nude Delight and Bookworm but even they will need some building to really get the color your looking for. Enchantment for me was the most difficult color to work with because not only did you get only 10% color transfer but it seemed to be more glitter based which seemed to make it very hard to blend.


I also want to point out a massive pet peeve for me which was the mirror, I really hate this mirror, I think it needs to be bigger and get rid of the heart. When your doing your eye makeup you should always be able to see both eyes at once, my Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick is the same size as this palette and yet the mirror is the perfect size.


Finally I feel like the price ($9.30), is a bit high for the quantity of of shadows (4), as well as the quality, in fact I know Maybelline the Nudes is a 'mainstream brand" but you get 12 eyeshadows for $11 and the quality is much better than this palette. 


As I said in the beginning of this post I adore Tanya Burr and I hate having to write this post, but in order to give you a proper review I feel like it's important to move past the "Tanya Burr' of it all and remember that when you spend your hard earned money you should get a quality product for that money and frankly this palette was a massive disappointment to me.

Have you tried this palette? What were your thoughts on it?

Here is today's Main Channel Video and Daily Vlog!

            

           
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I would love to hear what you thought of today's post.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig