May 2, 2017

Manoa Falls Hike


I recently went on a hike to Manoa Falls. It's not far from Waikiki and is such a magical place. It's one of those hikes you want to do alone or with one or two friends. The trail is narrow in some places, and is honestly one of the best places to have that "in touch with nature" experience. It's quiet, it's green, and you hear water trickling down the stream through the entire hike.




You want to remember your camera gear, good walking shoes, and bug spray. I cannot tell you how many mosquito bites I came home with. 



About 1/2 way through the hike you'll stumble across this amazing "doorway". It really felt like a doorway to me, as I was starting to feel like it was too wet, too narrow, and too far to go, and I should just give up, in reality it was only about an hour to the waterfall but I like to complain lol. 





Once we got to the waterfall it was so worth it. Not only did it have a small pool to swim in, though the sign said otherwise, always the rebel lol. It was incredibly high up as well I wish the picture of how tall the waterfall was would do it justice. 

If you're ever in Hawaii do this hike. Not only will it provide you with a moment to really think and take in the more jungle side of Hawaii, but its such a breath taking moment when you come around that last bend and see the waterfall.

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I love these types of posts please do more!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I would love to hear what you thought of today's post.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig