January 17, 2017

My Meals Monday | A Lazy Day

This past week has been one of the craziest stressful weeks of my life. It started off with Don having what was supposed to be super simple surgery to repair a tear to his eyelid, and ended with 3 surgeries in a four day span. However having said that I feel so glad that the issues that resulted from the first surgery led us to find that he had 6 tumors varying in size from a dime to a golfball, resting on a blood vessel in his abdomen. Thankfully they were all successfully removed in surgery number two, but due to the location led to some bleeding, which resulted in surgery number three. Having said all of that he is home, and feeling totally normal, and we are currently awaiting the results from the lab as to whether or not those tumors were cancerous, we are choosing to think very positive on this and are confident everything will come back normal.
With all of that happening between Monday and Friday, on Sunday I completely crashed, I felt like I hadn't slept in days, which I really hadn't, and I was so emotionally worn out, I just wanted a day of watching tv in bed and eating comfort food, and thats exactly what I did.


Breakfast:
For breakfast I made a smoothie with Vanilla Protein Powder, 1 Banana, Almond Milk, and Frozen Fruit.This is one of my favorite smoothies in the whole world, it tastes just like ambrosia because of the fruit mix.



Lunch:
The night before I had made a shepherds pie with mash potatoes, peas, celery, onions, carrots, and hamburger. It was delicious so I added a bit of cheese on top and had a feast for lunch.


Snack:
I have these beautiful chocolate hearts from Christmas and wanted a bit of something naughty so I broke into this baby. I almost hated to do it as it's so beautiful, but it was so worth it.


Dinner:
For dinner I just had more of the shepherds pie but I didn't add the mash potato topping as I felt I should try and eat something that borderlined healthy lol.
I was going to have a Chocolate Pudding for dessert but Louis came trotting out of the bedroom chewing on my invisalign, so I instead spent the evening breaking in a new pair of trays a bit earlier than I was supposed to. Gotta love that boy right lol.

After the craziness of last week, I am hoping this week will be super calm and hopefully a little relaxing. Here is today's My Meals Monday video and don't forget to leave me a comment on what you ate today.

                       
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Meals goals🙄 I´ve just seen your monday meals on youtube so I guess this are from this last week but yeah I´m soo hungry right now!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I would love to hear what you thought of today's post.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig