April 30, 2017

Women Who Inspire Me: Anna Saccone

A post shared by Anna Saccone (@annasaccone) on


When I first (digitally) met Anna Saccone, she was heavily pregnant with her first baby and she was a newlywed. I felt an instant connection with her over our shared love of cleaning and organizing lol. I loved watching her family vlogs, (SacconeJolys), because of her; her husband was really nice and funny, but Anna had a dry sense of humor that matched my own, and I loved how open and honest she was.
What I didn't realize until almost 3 years later (I can't believe I've been watching their vlogs for almost 5 years now), was Anna was under almost constant attack by "trolls'', Some of these "trolls'' complained about baby gates being left open, ok I can see how that may cause concern, but the majority of the trolling comes from her looks, her accent, whether or not she is Italian, her relationship with her deceased father, and it goes on and on and on. This woman has to be one of the most abused woman on the internet, and it's mostly coming from other woman, thats the saddest part of this whole story, she is being ripped to shreds daily by other women. 

Through all the years of constant abuse Anna has simply endured, she continued to put up blog posts, and videos, and vlogged along side Jonathon, until the spring/summer 2016 when Anna simply seemed to shut down. After suffering a miscarriage she wanted to try and put the pieces of her life back together and move on, unfortunately the trolls had other plans. They ripped into Anna more than ever, about anything and everything she did, whether she walked her dogs, whether she should be working out, but at the same time they called her fat, her parenting, her cooking, her hair, her nose. At what was probably the hardest moment of Anna's life (the loss of her unborn child), she was also at constant war; and she eventually seemed to shut down, she stopped uploading videos, stopped publishing blogposts, and stopped participating in the family vlogs.

She later uploaded a video explaining why she had quiet youtube during that time, and it was in that video that I became fully aware of how abusive these trolls had become. While I may watch a vlog and think "should you be doing _____?", as we all have different options about everything, I would never allow that to turn into my leaving hateful comments, contacting brands, and even Social Services.
Through all of this Anna has quietly endured, she has continued to trudge foreword, and she has tried to use the trolls abuse towards her to spread a message of positivity, and self love, something she herself has struggled with. I hope I have the opportunity to actually meet her someday to tell her how amazing I think she really is, and I hope she knows how many peoples lives she has affected in a positive way by speaking about her own eating disorder and mental health issues.

So this week I feel inspired by Anna's ability to take years of hate and abuse and turn it into a positive messages for fans like myself.

Who inspired you this week?
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Omg I love Anna as well, I wonder how she is able to handle so much hate all the time. It seems like she has become so reserved on the vlogs because of the hate, I wish she would go back to being how she was before everyone was being mean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think as people grow older and have more responsibility it will naturally change you, and with Anna she is a mother of 3 now, which means she has bath times and grocery lists running through her head all day. Every now and then we catch glimpse of the "old Anna" where she is really playful with the kids, but at the same time we need to remember that while Jonathon does the majority of vlogging, Anna is always in the background feeding the kids, cleaning the house, dealing with the dogs and so on.

      Delete
    2. Completely agree! Jonathon is a great dad but those kids would never have proper meals, clean clothes, or a clean house is Anna wasn't around!
      Most dads supply the fun and the moms make sure the kids don't starv lol.

      Delete
  2. I love this series❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was inspired this week by my sister, she gave birth to a baby boy and then went home that same day and is cooking cleaning and mothering all at once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on a new nephew! I know what you mean, when I talk to my sister and she's balancing work, dinner, 2 kids, and getting the house clean, all while talking to me I'm pretty amazed.

      Delete
  4. She is so beautiful, and it's really sweet that you wrote this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I would love to hear what you thought of today's post.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig