February 28, 2014

Film Friday



Todays Film Friday pick is a new movie called The Book Thief, it's about a young girl living in Nazi-Germany and the movie spans the entire WWII. This young girl is sent to live with a new family because her mother was a communist and on the run. The new family has a wonderful father and a stern but kinda mother, the little girl becomes obsessed with books but sadly the Nazi's start burning books they believe have a negative effect on German culture, like H.G. Wells! The family ends up hiding a young Jewish friend named Max, for about 3 years. And the young girl has to try and keep it a secret even from her best friend 
I don't want to say too much about this movie because it is so good and such a moving film I don't want to give anything away. I highly recommend this movie to everyone and their mother, but I will warn bring tissues, I was a total wreck sobbing at the end of the film.
I hope you all enjoy this movie as much as I did and still do as I have watched it 3 times this week so far.






SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I would love to hear what you thought of today's post.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig