June 24, 2014

11 Steps to better SKIN!!



I wanted to do a post on getting better skin for a while now, because I have received so many comments from you guys about it, before getting started you should know your skin looks the way it does for two reason 1. genetics (I know our parents never stop ruining our lives lol), and 2. how you care for your skin and body. We can't do anything to change our genetic makeup but we can care for our skin and body as best as we possibly can to help offset those genetics.

Step 1: Wash your face daily.
My skin type is normal to dry skin, so I was my face only once a day as water is very drying to the outside of our bodies, if you however have oily skin you need to wash your face 2 times a day in order to remove the excess oil which will cause breakouts.

Step 2: Moisturize 2 times daily.
You should moisture your face every morning and night. Your day cream should have some sort of SPF in it, if it doesn't you will need to add one to your daily routine in order to prevent sun damage.

Step 3: Exfoliate once a week.
This is step is so important as we need to remove the dead skin cells, as well as bacteria and pollutants that have built up on your skin, but remember your face should NOT be exfoliated daily! Over exfoliation is really bad for your skin and can cause you to become sensitive to the sun, as well as cause redness and dryness of the skin.

Step 4: Do a face treatment.
You should have a nice face mask once per week that has a deep cleansing effect to help remove all dirt from your pores.

Step 5: Drink 2-3L of water per day.
Drinking plenty of water allows your skin to glow from the inside out, by drinking a minimum of 2L per day you will see better skin in a matter of days.

Step 6: Limit caffeine.
To much caffeine can cause breakouts so limit your coffee intake and remember teas have caffeine too.

Step 7: Watch the sugar.
Sugar causes us to become hyper, overweight, and breakouts to the skin. Every time I have something with sugar I can see my skin acting up the very next day so try to keep the sugar to a minimum.

Step 8: De-stress your life.
I suffer from OCD/Anxiety which causes me to obsess about every little thing that happens as well as makes me very controlling of my environment, if something I have planned changes or if I feel overwhelmed I immediately go into panic mode. Its very important that we keep ourselves as relaxed as possible not only for the sake of our skin, but for our mental well being.

Step 9: Avoid Oil
We should all avoid high fat foods like chips, and fries, as well as oil based products. If you have oily skin you should NEVER use products that contain oil. Even though I have dry skin I find that oil based products make me break out and causes my skin to feel strange.

Step 10: Stop touching your face!
Your fingers carry oil and bacteria and by constantly touch/picking at your face you are transferring the oil and bacteria from your fingers to your face.

Step 11: Remove your makeup.
Our bodies repairs itself when we are sleeping, if your face is full of makeup and your pores are clogged how can your face repair itself? Remove your makeup every night as well as have a full face wash, apply serums, moisturize, and apply your eye cream before going to bed so your skin has the best tools possible to fix itself. I also recommend have 1 day a week of no makeup so that your skin can breathe and be natural for a full 24 hours.

I hope these tips help, if you would like to see the video I did on this it is below.

   
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I would love to hear what you thought of today's post.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig